EMS: Efficiency Measurement System
This EMS is exactly the same version as previously posted at http://www.wiso.uni-dortmund.de/lsfg/or/scheel/ems.
The previous address is no longer available due to a server change at University of Dortmund.
You are at the permanent new home of EMS: http://www.holger-scheel.de/ems/.
||Features of Version 1.3|
EMS contains various models for efficiency measurement. See the
documentation for details.
- Operating System: Windows 9x/NT
- Accepted data files: Excel 97 or ASCII
- Convex and nonconvex technologies
- Constant, nonincreasing, nondecreasing, variable returns to scale
- Radial, additive, maxAverage (=Färe-Lovell), minAverage and superefficiency measures
- Input-, ouput-, non-oriented
- Weights restrictions
- Non-discretionary inputs/outputs
- Support for program efficiency, Malmquist indices, Window Analysis
- Reports scores, shadow prices/weights, intensities ("lambdas"), benchmarks, and slacks
- Computing times:
|Problem size (DMUs/inputs/outputs)
|seconds (Pentium 133)
- LP solver: Version 2.11 of
a state-of-the-art interior point LP solver (Sources:
For non-commercial use only!
BPMPD performed very well
for optimization codes. Thanks to BPMPD's author Csaba Mészáros
for the kind support during the development of EMS.
EMS is free of charge for academic users. I appreciate your
participation in an effort to collect real world sample datasets
with which DEA researchers can test their models, software etc. Please contact me for details.
EMS 1.3 is downloadable here for academic users only.
The distribution is packed in a zip file (Download Winzip if necessary).
The distribution contains the documentation, sample files and the necessary runtime libraries. Download
ems_130.zip (4 MB), unzip it and then execute setup.exe.
- It's recommendable to copy the file bpmpd.par in the directory of your data files.
- Please use the following citation in your references: Scheel, Holger; "EMS: Efficiency Measurement System User's Manual" (2000); https://www.holger-scheel.de/ems/
If you have suggestions for further development or questions which are not answered in
the documentation ems.pdf feel free to contact me at ems < a t > holger - scheel < . > de